Me Mondays

This morning got off to a positive start. I did wake up way too early, because I needed to tinkle and my brain did that thing where for a split second it forgets that it’s sad. Then I remembered, and I couldn’t get back off after that.

Despite feeling really sluggish I forced myself to get up (rather than lay in bed for an hour simply thinking about getting up) and went out for my morning run. I’ve decided that although I don’t have a set training routine, Mondays at least are going to be just about ‘me time’. I’ll weigh in, do a run, then do whatever takes my fancy for the rest of the day.

Because I was so tired my run wasn’t spectacular or anything, but I did over 4 miles without stopping. I had wibbly legs as I was nearing the end, but I knew that if I stopped I’d never get started again so I just kept on going, one foot after the other. My mind tends to wander as I go along and I made a mental note to look into sports psychology. Not the kind where they teach you how to deal with winning and losing or anything like that, but someone must have looked into how to stop the mind giving up before the body does. I’ll have to do some research, because perhaps it could help with my training. Plus it’s interesting!

After my run I decided I didn’t want to go home just yet, but my legs weren’t going to take anything more than a stroll. I decided to scout out possible routes for future training, which turned out to be quite fortuitous.

I took a turn into a nice field that was filled with wildflowers, one friendly walker and one very friendly dog. It’s most unlike me but I got talking to the walker who said that the park rangers sometimes do guided walks and it’s very interesting. They tell you all about the varieties of wild orchids in the field and apparently there’s also quite an important tree somewhere.

It would be really nice to learn more (or anything actually) about the place I’ve been coming to since I was a kid, so I’ll have to find out more about it.


Two miles later, after snapping some of the flowers and saying hello to Peach and Humbug, I headed back home to feed Pea and start on the washing.

Pea has been a daring little thing lately. I bought a hanging toy before I even got her, which has been dangling from the curtain rail for overĀ two years. Last week was the first time she showed the slightest bit of interest in it, and she has now started to slowly and steadily destroy it, as is her way. It has a bell too, but she hasn’t figured out how to make it ring. She just tries to eat it…


Later on I started running out of figurative beans so I decided to top up with actual beans. It was my first meal of the week and I’ve started how I mean to go on – plenty of Speed and P Foods. Plus only 1 syn for four Fry’s vegan sausages. Not bad, eh?


After a short nap (I was so tired I was cold even though it’s practically tropical out there) I cracked on with an absolute mountain of washing, tidied the crap out of everything, hoovered and hung out with Pea. I’m feeling a lot better now that everything’s more organised.

Tonight I won’t be seeing Mr. S as I’m currently a kind of football widow. At least when England are playing. But on the plus side it has meant that I’ve had a chance for a good catch up and an early night before we train again tomorrow.

I have tomorrow night booked off work, simply because I fancied a long weekend, so I should even have chance to blog again tomorrow.

Until then, thanks for reading.

Hayley x

About Hayleyhttp://hayleyslims.wordpress.comCrazy bird lady, vegan, weight loss and fitness enthusiast, lover of photography

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.